Sunday, April 13, 2008

Day 5 - back to normal?



I've heard so much about babies taking a long time to readjust but Florence is really doing so well. The only thing is that whenever she gets really fussy, we have to wonder if she is in pain. Her eating is not quite back to normal, but she is doing pretty well. Her daytime sleeping is fitful, but truthfully, she was never a good napper. Last night went pretty well. As long as we keep her Tylenol current, she really doesn't seem to complain much. She likes to play with her noisy toys - the ones that make crinkly or squeaky sounds. The swelling is continuing to go down. The bottom of her face, from the nose down, looks almost normal. Tonight, her left eye is opening up a crack. When we noticed and got all excited, she actually laughed at us. As I sit here typing, she is talking sweetly to her stuffed octopus. It's so good to see her returning to normal. We go back to the doctor a week from Tuesday to get our staples out. Hopefully by then all the swelling will be gone.

1 comment:

JohnLeoDyer said...

Monica and Tony,
I concur with your assessment that sweet little Florence has been invaded by an Alien, clearly an escapee from Area 51 judging from looks.
I can also understand why the doctors warned you about mistaking her for a basketball. Had someone warned me that such a wee one could have a round head that size, I would have dribbled him, I mean doubted him.
I am delighted to hear all is going so well. Hang in there. All of you all are in my prayers.
Love ya,
The GrandFather