Sunday, April 13, 2008

Surgery - Day 2




We had a decent night. I gave up trying to nurse her and just pumped bottles for her. She did pretty well - she was too drugged to try and resist. Whenever she got too fussy, we gave her half a dose of morphine and she would quiet right down. We spent the day trying to eat - she pretty much gave up on the bottle by about lunchtime, but once the nurses told me I could hold her, I figured I could nurse her again - and she was happy to do that. Our neighbor came by to visit, followed by her Aunt Ginny. At this point, she was really beginning to swell. I had seen many pictures of other children so I was aware of the swelling that was going to come, but since I didn't know what these children looked like beforehand, there was no preparation for how I lost her in all of that. I almost felt a little relief when she cried because it was the only part of her I really recognized. She slept alot and we started using Tylenol for pain relief. Her last dose of morphine was at noon this day.

No comments: